How To Measure
HOW TO MEASURE CURTAINS AND ROMAN BLINDS
If you are unsure how to measure your window, you can follow these steps.
MEASURE CURTAIN TRACK OR ROB WIDTH
You should MEASURE the end to end of the track or rob, exclude any ending decoration.
TIPS: Your curtain track or rob should be placed at least 15cm (6") higher than the window, and be wider than your window by 10% (of the window wide) on each side or 20% on one side.
MEASURE CURTAINS LENGTH IN 3 STYLES
ONCE YOU HAVE YOUR WINDOW MEASUREMENT
You can simply enter them into our measurement box.
HOW TO MEASURE ROMAN BLINDS
This is the measurement you need to take if you want your blind to fit inside the window recess. Measure the full width and height of the recess [the size of the hole if you like].
- Measure in 3 places for both the width and the drop, use the smallest measurements
- Use a metal tape measure, cloth ones can stretch and give you inaccurate measurements
If the width is 1500mm and the height is 1700mm. Please reduce 5mm for the width and height for inside mount. The measurement should be 1495mm and 1695mm.
This is the measurement you need to take if you want the blind to hang outside the recess overlapping the window.
- Measure the exact width of the area you would like the blind to overlap. To minimize light leakage we recommend that the blind overlaps the window recess by at least 70mm at the top and 50mm each side
- The overlap at the bottom of the blind is a matter of personal choice but please take into account obstacles such as radiators
- If you are replacing an existing blind with one of the same size simply measure the blind and specify exact fitting, we will make you one the same size
If the width is 1500mm and the height is 1700mm. The measurement should be 1600mm wide which include 50mm on both sides. And 1820mm which include 70mm on the top and 50mm at the bottom.