All our workspaces and homes are designed and decorated with curtains to give them an aesthetic appeal and make them look visually appealing. Curtains speak volumes about the culture, nature and personality of the people living or working in that area. Let us take a look at the various types of curtains or blinds available in the market and their uses and benefits to give your surroundings a better look.
Blackout curtains are a very practical choice that will provide you with better sleep while saving you money. If you have young children, these curtains are particularly important to consider. Blackout curtains will enhance any bedroom or living space.
- Blackout curtains help prevent the room from direct sunlight, thereby maintaining normal temperatures. This helps reduce energy consumption, thereby saving big on your electricity cost.
- If you are a peace lover, blackout curtains also help block noise from the streets and surroundings.
- During cold weather, blackout curtains also help keep the warmth inside the home to give a comfortable lifestyle.
- Blackout curtains are ideal for creating complete darkness that you desire in your TV/movie room. They will block out any light that might ruin your home theater movie night.
- They serve as a great interior for big window or doors overlooking balcony in rooms as they cover it completely in order to create a comfortable ambience inside.
Looking for a light and comfortable evening in the scorching heat or a cozy winter morning, blackout blinds helps keep your rooms protected from unwanted light and heat. There are different styles of blackout blinds like Roman blinds and Roller blinds. Depending on the aesthetic appeals of the room one can opt for the blind of their choice.
- Appreciating the gloom by closing blackout blinds and dimming lights in the evening before we go to bed helps prepare our brains and bodies for quality sleep.
- Blocking the view completely, these blinds offer full privacy to the residents. This makes blackout blinds ideal for bathrooms, bedrooms, as it also helps block the shadows.
- Reducing energy costs is something that everyone wants, as well as having a lower impact on the environment. The thicker lined blackout material helps to retain heat in a room when it is cold and will reflect heat out of a room when hot and help maintain a nice temperate, relaxing environment.
- Blackout blinds are great value for money as it is something that we all are capable of buying for our homes given the numerous benefits it provides.
Typically sold in pairs, drapes are fabric panels and are lined, generally with a heavy fabric to block out all outside light. Heavy and stiff fabrics are compulsorily used in drapes. The uses and benefits of drapes are as follows:
- Being heavy and big in size, drapes today cover all of the big windows too and create a naturally welcoming ambience in the home.
- Drapes give a luxury feel to your home and create an energy efficient environment due to reduced heat within the room.
- Blackout drapes come in various prints and colors and add a tremendous amount of visual appeal to the home.